EtherCAT® Configuration Library
for Desktop and Embedded Systems
The EtherCAT Master Configuration Library is used to create an ENI configuration (EtherCAT Network Information) for a customer specific EtherCAT network. This configuration can be evaluated by an EtherCAT master stack to initialize a network.
Suitable for integration into a custom engineering tool
No runtime licenses
The network topology (composition of EtherCAT slaves) can be obtained by the library via an API. This allows a network to be composed manually (offline). Alternatively, an online network scan can be performed to automatically read the structure of an existing network.
The library evaluates the ESI information (EtherCAT Slave Information) for the existing EtherCAT slaves and creates the necessary configuration initially using the default settings (e.g. for initialization commands, mailbox configuration, process variables, cyclic commands, etc.). User-specific settings can optionally be passed to the library via the API.
The library generates an ENI configuration according to ETG.2100, which can be exported in XML format. An EtherCAT master stack can read this file for network initialization. Alternatively, the information can be passed directly to an instance of the icECAT EtherCAT Master Stack in binary form.
The software architecture of the library is modular and offers flexibility when embedding it into an EtherCAT configuration tool.
The product is divided into a configuration library and a target library. This results in the following possibilities for an integration:
- Stand-alone configuration tool without EtherCAT Master
- Configuration tool and EtherCAT Master in one common application
- Configuration tool with remote connection to an EtherCAT master system
The library is designed to be independent of the technology of a user interface framework. Therefore, it can be integrated on different environments (C/C++ frameworks, .NET, web service, web browser, …). It manages the configuration data internally and makes it available to the user interface. The user interface can be notified about changes in configuration information via an event mechanism, e.g. if a new slave is added.
Show the » architecture diagram
ESI (EtherCAT Slave Information)
- Management of an ESI repository, list of available slaves
- ESI parser for reading ESI XML files
- Access to country specific language information in the ESI
- Online network scan
- Configuration of the EtherCAT network with adding, deleting and moving of slaves
EtherCAT slave configuration
- Configuration of the process data via the PDO assignment
- PDO mapping (v1.7)
- DC configuration
- Custom CoE initialization commands
- Support of SoE EoE, FoE, ESM Bootstrap State
- Support Modular Device Profile (MDP)
- Access to the object dictionary in the ESI (v1.7)
EtherCAT master configuration
- Configuration of multiple master tasks and multiple master sync units, mapping of slave sync units to master sync units
- Master settings (e.g. DC configuration, EoE configuration)
- Configuration of slave-2-Slave communication (v1.7)
- API for export and import of configuration settings
- Generation of an ENI file according to ETG.2100
The following information is made available to the application:
- EtherCAT network topology
- All settings
- Information about the process image
Contact our sales team and ask for a detailed list of supported features for the EtherCAT configuration.
Graphical User Interface
Optionally, a graphical user interface based on the Qt graphics framework is available. User interfaces for different target platforms (e. g. Microsoft Windows, Linux, …) can be built with that framework.
The graphical user interface is shipped in source code and can be integrated in an own Qt application. Adaptations and enhancements can be made.
Convince yourself of the functionality of the icECAT Configuration Library. IBV offers evaluation versions for the following platforms:
- An evaluation on a customer specific platform is possible on request
Please contact the sales team of IBV:
- The EtherCAT Configuration Library is offered under a project-based license.
- The library is shipped in source code.
- One-time fee for a project. No runtime licenses (“royalties”) or development licenses are necessary.
Support services by IBV
- Support for the integration of the EtherCAT Configuration Library with the EtherCAT master and the customer’s application
- Support for the configuration of EtherCAT networks
- Maintenance and upgrades for the icECAT software products
Engineering services by IBV
- Custom enhancements
- Training for the EtherCAT technology
WE ARE AT YOUR SERVICE
Do you have any questions about this product, would you like a technology consulting or do you need a customer-specific adaptation? – Feel free to contact the IBV sales team: